Saturday, November 05, 2011

Forge and Glass

I spent tonight working on the Forge.  The Forge will let you 'cook' items.  It is pretty much the same thing that the furnace in Minecraft is.

The graphic for the Forge isn't completely finished.

You interact with the Forge the same way that you do with the Chest.  When you land on top and open your inventory, a Forge window will pop up.

I had just finished making some glass and there was left-over fire.
For the first forging recipe, I created Glass.  Glass is easy to make.  It takes 1 Sand block to get 4 Glass block.  Glass is placed 'behind' objects.  This means the player and other creatures can move in front of it.  It's a decorative piece and nothing more.


Adding those two things swayed me way off my roadmap.  A lot of my next updates involve sound, so I'm going to focus on that for now.  I've been adding a lot of placeholder sound until I can find/afford a sound person.  I figure that as long as I get the code done, I can consider it done on my end and move forward.

Testers can expect a build with the forge and glass sometime late Sunday.

If you're interested in testing, go sign up at http://www.astrominer.net/f and post in this thread.  I'll send you a link to the latest build.  I could use more eyes looking at the game and giving me their opinion.

No comments: